What3words is a proprietary geocode system designed to identify any location with a resolution of about 3 metres (9.8 ft). The system encodes geographic coordinates into three permanently fixed dictionary words. For example, the front door of The Keyholding Company Kirby street office in London is identified by
Visit https://what3words.com to locate your property's what3words location.
Updating the location of the entrance
To update entrance location at your property following the following steps
- Login in the Smart Security Platform.
- On the left hand pane click 'Property Search' and find the required property
- Click on the property and then click on the button labelled 'Set entrance location'
- The 'Property location popup screen will then appear.
- You will then have 3 options
- Moving the pin on the map - move the pin on the map to the required location
- what3words location - Using your what3words, update the what3words location removing the ///
- Add coordinates - add the known coordinates of the entrance.
- Click save.
Note if the location is outside of the 0.5km perimeter of its current location, please contact us to update the location.