The Board Room has multiple pieces of Technology to make sure that when you have meetings they are as smooth as possible. This includes White Board, Video Camera, Meeting panel and microphones. This guide will show you how to use the technology when in meetings and also how to troubleshoot common issues.
How to book a meeting?
When creating a Teams meeting, invite Board Room to your meetings, this allows Teams to know that there is a meeting in the room and will show up on the panel outside the room.
How to join a meeting?
Joining a meeting is a simple process and with all the technology linked, there is a few ways you can do this.
Pre-arranged TKC meeting
When you invite the Board Room to the Teams meeting, it will show up on the panel on the side. If you click 'Join', it will join the Teams meeting and start using the Board Room camera and microphones.
If you want to start a Teams meeting that hasn't been pre-arranged, you can click 'Meet Now' on the panel. This will start a Teams meeting and you can share the meeting details with the other participants.
If you want to call an individual TKC team member, click 'Call' on the panel and then choose the team members name. This will call them via Teams.
How to share your screen?
There are two ways for you to share your screen with a Teams meeting. Either through the Board Room tech or via your own laptop.
Board Room tech
There is a YeaLink dongle that you can plug into your laptop which will be situated on the table or side. If you plug in the dongle, it will load the app (Yealink Wireless Presentation Pod) on your computer (this should take 30 seconds). Once that has been done, press the button on the dongle and it will share your screen with the meeting.
The Yealink Wireless Presentation Pod, will allow you to have multiple options when sharing screen including sharing screens, windows or applications.
This can also be used by visitors.
Using Microsoft Teams
The other way to share your screen is to logon to the Teams meeting from your laptop. Once you join the meeting it should notice that you are in the Board room and not use speaker and microphone. NOTE: You might want to turn off your camera, if you don't require it.
Click 'Join' on the Teams meeting and then share your screen like you would on a normal Teams meeting.
How can I use the second screen to draw for in person and remote participants?
There might be times when you want to draw on a screen and have both in person and remote participants to see the drawings in real time. This can be achieved using the instructions below:
- Create a Teams meeting and invite the relevant participants
- Turn on the second flip TV (power button is underneath the bottom right hand side)
- You will have to share the screen from the second flip TV:
- Click on the arrow on the top of the screen
- Click Export
- Click Screen Share
- Click Wired
- You will now have to change the camera from the in room camera to the flip TV, this means that remote participants will be able to see the drawing board
- Go to the Yealink room control panel
- Click the arrow next to the Camera icon
- Change from Yealink to USB3.0 Capture (remember to turn this back afterwards)
- Remote participants will now be able to see what you are drawing on the second flip TV (NOTE: due to the nature of the setup, the image will seem flipped in the bottom right hand corner. This will not be visible for remote partipants)
- Once this has been done all participants will be able to see the drawing board and in person participants will be able to see the cameras of the remote participants
NOTE: Please remember to change the camera back to Yealink UVC40 camera
Participants are saying they can't hear me in the Board Room?
Make sure the Board Room microphone isn't muted. You can do this via the below methods:
- Find the Yealink remote controller and press the mute button
- Find the wireless microphones (usually kept on the side) and click the mute button
- Go to the Teams panel and click Mute button
Participants are saying that audio is low quality?
We have two wireless microphones that can help with audio quality. Pick them up from the docking station on the side and place where required on the Board Room table. Please put them back in their docking station afterwards.
The camera isn't working and only showing a white screen/or whats on the second TV?
Please go to the Yealink room control panel. Click on the arrow next to the camera and change back to Yealink UVC40 camera. This is the main board room camera.