Why are we updating the Terms and Conditions now?
We regularly review our Terms and Conditions to ensure they are in line with best practices, are up to
date with changes in legislation and match the evolution of our services.
We also wanted to make them more accessible by adding them to your online account.
What has changed?
- Language has been simplified and updated with plain English terminology. For example, an Asset is now referred to as a Property
- References to attached documents have been removed, as these have been replaced by online processes
- Removal of requirement to communicate in writing by post, in favour of notifications via the online account and email
- Re-balancing of the terms to fairly and reasonably protect both parties
- Update to the data protection provisions in line with GDPR legislation
When do these new terms take effect?
- June 15th 2020
High level summary of contract (key terms)
1. Contract duration – the contract rolls on either a monthly or yearly basis
2. Services – our services are provided by a network of suppliers – so response times are approximate only
3. Fees – these are paid monthly, quarterly or annually in advance within 30 days. We can change our fees by providing 30 days notice to you
4. Notice period for termination – 30 days notice is required to terminate services and any
prepaid fees are not refundable.
5. Your obligations – You are obliged to:
i) Provide all keys, passwords and fobs for the properties in our service;
ii) Tell us of any changes that impact our ability to provide services;
iii) Inform us of any Health and Safety risks;
iv) Ensure safe and lawful access to the property;
v) Insure the property;
vi) Inform alarm monitoring services of our role;
vii) Keep contact information up to date in the online account
6. Liability – for both parties, liability is now capped at £500,000 to better protect you