The below guide is split into two sections, issues with the Smart Locks and issues with the App both client and SP.
- Person calls to say they are outside the building and the smart lock isn't working
- Ascertain if it is the lock itself that is causing issues or if it is the app, you can do this simply by asking if they can log into the app with no error messages and they can see the property with the activate buttons visible refer to this guide. On the Chase partner app the 'activate' button should be visible in the top left hand side of the screen, refer to this guide
- If app access is fine, ask the person to activate the lock and hold their phone next to the lock waiting for an audible beep and the lock to flash green, if it does they need to turn the knob to the right in order to unlock the door. It's surprising how many people think that the door will unlock itself just by placing their phone next to the cylinder without realising they still need to physically turn the knob.
- If the person reports that the lock has flashed either red or not flashed at all you will need to ensure the locks are online, in the devices tab on Chase under the relevant property ensure all the devices have the check box ticked for the connected status as per the image below (you will need to ensure you click to highlight the line 'Dormakaba Smartlock' in the left hand panel under connections)
4. If a device is showing as not being connected try to resync the device using the resync button
5. If successful the check box next to the device that was offline should now be showing as online, ask the person to retry their app and see if the lock works. If the device remains unconnected please post an urgent message on #Ask Tech and @csh @gtr and @chr and include the property reference number.
6. If the lock is showing no activity at all, no error lights it might be that the battery needs changing. Post a message on #Ask Tech and ensure you @csh @gtr and @chr and advise you think that there may be a battery failure and include the property reference number.
7. As a last resort you can ask the client if anyone else is either present or nearby that has app/fob access so that they can see if they can gain entry.
- Client reports that 'their app isn't working'
- The first thing to establish is when were they first registered, are they a brand new user or have they used the app successfully prior?
- If they have used the app before and suddenly experiencing an issue find out if the app is displaying any error messages. If it is, make a note of this and post in the #Ask Tech channel and @csh, @gtr and @chr
- Ask the user to press the settings icon on the app and scroll down and 'unregister'. Then ask them to uninstall the app.
- Re-register the user following this guide here
- Ask the user to follow the instructions and register the device again, if the issue still persists update the #Ask Tech message.
- If you can verify the identity of the person trying to access the building you can perform a remote activation by following this guide here
If you are still unable to resolve the issue to a sufficient state for the client please follow the Smart Access Escalation Process found here