Generating Key Codes for Smart Keyboxes
You may be asked by a client or a contractor to generate a Smart Keybox code. These are traditional locked key boxes attached to the outside of a building that contain a set of keys and/or access cards.
The difference with these Smart Keyboxes is that we can generate a new code each time rather than having to store a code within AIs.
Below is a brief guide on how to generate a code and how the contractor/client would then operate the box.
- Locate the property on Chase under 'Properties' and navigate to the 'Device' tab.
- In the left hand panel highlight the Keybox and click 'Generate'
- Fill out the form with who is requesting a code and a reason
- Finally click the 'Generate' button at the bottom
Below is a short video on how the contractor/client would then use the code to open the key box. The split screen view is a view of the client app and how the client can generate their own code. They may be having issues with the app or aren't a platform user which is why we can generate this for them as per the above steps.
- The person operating the key box would press the 'ENT' button first
- Input the code that has been generated
- Press the 'ENT' button again
- A beep can be heard and the front of the box can be pulled forwards
- Finally before the box can be closed the internal mechanism just needs to have stopped, by leaving the box open for 10s before closing will ensure the box will be locked securely
- PLEASE REMIND THE CLIENT/CONTRACTOR TO REPLACE THE KEYS BEFORE LEAVING SITE!