Smart Access is our new cloud-based smart lock solution for businesses. Using internet-connected smart locks, Smart Access allows you to manage employee access rights, provide one-time digital keys for external contractors and analyse access data all from the Smart Security Platform.
Smart Access completely removes the need for keyholders. You can manage each user’s access rights remotely and instantaneously, circumventing all the fees associated with keys, whether that’s key and lock replacement or keyholder fees.
How does Smart Access work?
Smart Access is built onto the Smart Security Platform which all clients have access to. Within the platform, you can register users and give them access rights for specific doors are areas of your site. The user then downloads our mobile key app from the App Store, which serves as their ‘digital key’ and is protected by biometric or PIN access requirements. The user can then approach any door in the building, hold their phone up to the smart lock installed within that door and, if they have permission, unlock the door and enter.
Smart Access is also available with card or fob functionality.
What are Smart Locks?
Smart locks are are electronic devices grant access to a building or site and can access the internet via a wireless, secure, encrypted connection. Through this encrypted connection, an individual with the right ‘digital key’ can unlock the door remotely over the internet and without the need for a physical key, card, or fob.
Smart locks can be installed extremely quickly and require significantly lower upfront costs compared to wired access control solutions. We currently have two smart locks within our Smart Access offering:
- – The smart door lock – a wireless, secure, and cloud-enabled door cylinder which can be installed into most regular doors within five minutes.
- – The smart key box – the only key box in the UK that is approved for use in commercial properties. It can be mounted outside of your property and accessed through one-day, digitally generated access codes.
Why choose Smart Access?
Smart Access cuts costs, improves accountability, and streamlines your processes, providing insightful access data across your estate to make sure you can pinpoint issues and tackle them quickly.
Here are the primary advantages of Smart Access compared to traditional keyholding or access control services:
- Reduced Costs – we have calculated that by removing external keyholders, key and lock replacement, contractor access fees, temporary guarding, and additional admin time, businesses could save up to 93% on their access management costs per property per month.
- Insight – Smart Access provides a fully transparent record of access data, including which users have accessed which doors and at what time. This is beneficial for highlighting problem areas of your estate that require attention.
- Faster Installation – smart locks can be installed in regular doors within just five minutes and for a fraction of the cost of traditional access control systems. Furthermore, installation is less disruptive, ensuring that your business can continue to operate efficiently throughout the process.
- Risk Profile Improvements – by removing keys, Smart Access enables you to revoke access permissions remotely and instantaneously, improving your organisation’s risk profile. Additionally, user access can be set on a door-to-door level, ensuring that external contractors can only access the areas they need to, further reducing risk.
- Carbon Footprint Reduction – access-related travel can contribute massively to your organisation’s carbon footprint. Smart Access removes most access related journeys, cutting CO2 emissions by 1.5 tonnes per property per year.
Smart Access operates using a monthly subscription model which includes setup, training, installation, maintenance, battery replacement, and support. Prices start at £17 per month for the smart door lock.
How can I learn more about Smart Access?
For more information about how Smart Access works, getting it installed at your site or simply for bespoke advice tailored to your needs, click here or get in touch to book a demo.