Coronavirus Committee - Updated 2nd March 2021
The Keyholding Company has put detailed measures in place to ensure our internal and external operations are safeguarded. This document outlines the actions that we have already taken, and our readiness for future action, based on the rapidly changing situation in relation to COVID-19.
- A COVID-19 committee, overseen by our executive team, meets regularly and has reviewed all business-critical policies taking lead from government advice and the unfolding situation over the past few weeks
- As a company, we are ranked in the top 5% of Approved Contractor Scheme companies. This includes quality checking by the National Security Inspectorate of our Business Continuity Plan (BCP)
- We regularly review our business continuity plans as part of our standard operating procedures and we enact test scenarios to verify the resilience of those procedures
- In light of recent developments, we have further scrutinised and tailored our policies and are testing procedures towards the scenarios that we are likely to be presented with in the coming weeks
How our Operation functions
The Keyholding Company has five core units and we have BCP plans for each of these. The units are as follows:
- Our Hub– this is our 24/7 team that oversees the heart of our real-time operations ensuring that c. 1200 jobs are conducted every 24 hours across the UK and dealing with any real-time incident management. They also manage our Service Partner (SP) performance and handle any client enquiries.
- Our HQ – this is our administrative function including finance and human resources; our technology and data
- Our London Operation– we have our own key vault in London and we self-deliver services within certain postcodes in the London area
- Our Service Partner network– we operate an innovative service delivery model utilising c. 180 accredited Service Partners across the UK
- Our Client facing teams – account management and sales teams
Ensuring business continuity in our Hub
- Our Hub has been a fully homeworking team by design since we moved to a homeworking model in early 2019
- Our email, ticket, live chat and phone systems are all cloud-based and are accessible from any location. All systems have built-in redundancy with automated fail-over procedures.
- Hub team members live across the UK, which means the risk that our whole team would be affected by the escalation in pandemic, in any particular region of the UK is already mitigated
Ensuring business continuity at our HQ
- All Keyholding Company HQ-based employees are working from home, regardless of self-isolation. All systems are accessible from home
- The capacity of our remote working facilities (such as VPNs) have been tested for increased and sustained usage
- The home working environments of our employees have been verified as appropriate for sustained periods of isolation
- Our HQ BCP is tested quarterly but on 12thMarch we conducted an additional HQ BCP test and successfully switched our entire HQ to homeworking with minimum impact on productivity
Our London Operation
- We self-deliver our services in London which is the largest operating base in the UK. Self-delivering in our heartland enables us to keep in touch with the rigors of frontline delivery and share best practice with our SPs with regards to matters such as BCP
- Our London Operation and key vault is held in separate premises to our HQ. Only SIA licensed individuals can enter our London Operation through a secure entry procedure. The site is closed to visitors
- Good hygiene practice has been trained in at our London Operation as for our HQ but we have also issued all Officers with sterile gloves to use at client properties
- We have implemented deeper cleaning methods at every shift handover
- We have implemented a new procedure to ensure that incoming and outgoing teams as well as management do not meet at shift handover
- Individuals who develop cold or flu like symptoms have been asked to self-isolate and call 111 for instruction and testing
- If anyone tests positive for the virus, we will isolate the other team members on that shift pattern. Our London Operation will be deep cleaned. We are able to operate during the deep clean by delivering keys to Officers in the field
Our Service Partner network
- We are working with our SP network to understand their enhanced BCP plans given current developments
- Our networked operations model allows us to immediately source an alternative partner to conduct the services, if a partner is unable to operate.
- The newly allocated partner will conduct external-only services, as the transfer of keys will spread the virus
- Services that require the use of keys (such as unlocks/locks) will be suspended.
- The client will be immediately notified that the above action has been taken.
- Services will resume as normal once the original partner has confirmed that they have deep cleaned and convened a team who have not had contact with the individual in question
Our Client facing teams
- Face-to-face meetings will be conducted remotely over conference call
Safeguarding our clients’ properties
- We have documented, and trained into our respective operational teams, a number of scenarios that we are likely to be presented with, and the resulting corrective actions that we are able to take
- Our BCP committee is overseeing the successful implementation of these actions and monitoring the scale of service amendments
- Late March/ early April activity has shown that our services are in high demand during the Covid-19 pandemic due to the higher risk clients are experiencing with newly empty properties
- The option to add Patrol Packages, which can be instantly deployed to protect unoccupied properties, has been added to every client’s online account
- Adding new properties into an account has been streamlined online so we can extend patrol packages to additional properties
- Additional resource has been brought in to reduce the time it takes to onboard new clients
- Surveys are now completed remotely using video conferencing tools, where possible to safeguard surveying officers